|Our Address:||6500 57th St., Vero Beach FL 32967|
|Our Phone:||772-564-3000 - Hearing Impaired: 772-564-2792|
The School District of Indian River County is located approximately halfway down the east coast of Florida. Centrally located 75 miles south of the Kennedy Space Center and 135 miles north of Miami, our 543 square miles contain beautiful beaches, immaculate ocean and river front communities, and endless groves of renowned Indian River oranges and grapefruits. Our district has 13 elementary schools, 4 middle schools, 2 high schools, one alternative education center, one career and adult education center, one exceptional student education school, and 5 charter schools.
- Dr. Mark J Rendell, Ed.D., Superintendent of Schools
- Dr. Jayne E. Purcell, Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources & Technology
- Carter Morrison, Assistant Superintendent of Finance & Employee Services
- Pamela Dampier, Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Jon Teske, Assistant Superintendent of Operations
|Vision: Educate and Inspire every student to be successful|
|Mission: To serve all students with excellence|
Core Values... We believe:
- It is our responsibility to empower every child to learn
- In the continuous improvement process
- In holding all individuals within the organization accountable for their decisions and actions
- In the power of the human spirit
- In honesty and integrity in all relationships
- Diversity adds value to the organization
- Students are the focus of all decisions and actions
- Family and community involvement are essential to student success
- In a safe, healthy, and supportive learning and working environment
- In effective and efficient management of all resources
- American Cancer Society: holds signature 24-hour team relay fundraising event at Sebastian River HS and Vero Beach HS tracks.
- Casual for a Cause: Seven times a year, students have the opportunity, for a small fee, to dress Casual for a Cause. Not only are funds raised for local charities and organizations, but information is shared to bring awareness to these organizations and their causes.
- Community Credit Union
- Education Foundation of Indian River County: Non-profit organization that works to enhance our community’s investment in our schools with the goal of achieving excellence for students and educators.
- Environmental Learning Center: A 64-Acre Natural Lagoon Island Preserve open to the public and great for all ages! Experience native Florida in a peaceful lagoon setting with beautiful vistas and close-up encounters with wildlife and native plants in a setting that inspires wellness.
- Indian River County NAACP: Founded in 1909, the NAACP is the nation’s oldest and largest civil rights organization.
- MIDFLORIDA Credit Union
- Mobile Cafes: Three buses anonymously donated and retrofitted to provide summer meals to children during summer months.
- The Learning Alliance: Moonshot Moment Goal: Working with community leaders to develop programs to support goal of 90% of all students reading on grade-level by third grade.
- Vero Beach Museum of Art: The Vero Beach Museum of Art provides cultural leadership and enrichment for the public through a wide variety of educational, studio art and humanities programs; a diversity of quality exhibitions; and the collection, preservation and presentation of important American and international works of art.